Rise and Shine!
Mankind has been using fossil fuels as the primary source of energy. We are well aware that fossil fuels are non-renewable and at the rate we’re consuming energy, this resource will soon be gone. Furthermore, the use of fossil fuel to generate energy also becomes the primary source of pollutants that harm the environment. Thus, an obvious choice needs to be made, find a renewable and cleaner source of energy.
The most obvious choice when it comes to renewable and clean energy source is solar energy. Although the sun may not be shining all day or on a cloudy weather, recent technological advancements allowed solar energy to be collected when the sun is up and stored for later use.
If you wouldn’t want to rely on it alone because of this reason, remember that you can still use it to cover for a huge percentage of your monthly energy consumption.
If you are having second thoughts about switching to solar energy, here are the top 10 reasons why you should no longer think about it and start your plans on having one installed in your home.
1. Renewable Source of Energy. The sun is said to be around for 5 billion years already and is expected to remain on its current burning state for another 5 billion years or so. How’s that for a resource? You are assured of solar energy for the rest of your life. While fossil fuel prices are going on an upward trend, solar energy is yours for free!
2. Government Incentives. Congress made a recent decision to lift the cap on tax incentives given to the purchase or acquisition of solar power systems and it has extended the 30% credit. In addition, states and utilities are also offering additional tax incentives and rebates for the use of this power system. When you add the two together, you can get as much as 80% of the cost of buying your solar system back. Thus, if you worry about the initial cost of buying this system, you can easily offset a huge part of the amount from these incentives.
3. Dependability and Durability. Once you have your solar panels installed, you can rely on the fact that it is not likely to breakdown due to the fact that it has no moving parts. Also, these panels provide users a 20-30 year warranties and this is indicative of how durable they are.
4. Low Maintenance Cost. You may require annual maintenance check by a professional or some cleaning from time to time but owners can expect to do very little for the maintenance of the solar panels.
5. Increases Your Home Value. In a study conducted by ICF Consulting in 1998 determined that for every $1 saved on energy consumption or cost adds $20 to the home’s value. Thus, if you were able to save at least $500 in a year, your home value would have increased by $10,000.
6. Reduce Your Power Grid Dependence. Utilities charges more for the electricity they sell due to the fact that they also incur costs associated with the production and transport of energy to your home. Once you have your solar panels installed, you can generate your own energy thus, reducing your need to depend on power grids.
7. No Noise Energy Production. Solar panels do not create noise unlike power generators or even power plants. No neighbor will complain about noise coming from your home and you yourself will not be bothered by any, thus everyone gets to live their quiet, peaceful lives.
8. You Can Generate Profit. Yes! You heard me right. If your family is not using too much energy and was able to have excess energy, you can sell this energy to power companies. You may want to contact your local power companies for more information on how to do so.
9. The Creation of New and Affordable Solar Technologies. Like any other technology, solar power systems have undergone development and improvements over the past years. You may notice that as the technology becomes more developed and available, the prices are slowly decreasing as well.
10. Environmental Friendly. Most of us may not think of this upfront but this is a very important benefit that is derived from choosing this energy. It is good to know we are helping save the environment for future generations.
The cost to building a solar power system in your home is often the main concern of consumers, however, the available incentives plus the savings you get for the lifetime of your solar power system is more than enough to cover these costs. Plus, you get to enjoy the many other benefits this system has to offer.